Brake Repair Gettysburg, PA
Having a well tuned car that can tear up the road is all well and good, but what’s more important than making your car go, is making your car stop. Mike’s KARS is the leading brake repair mechanic in Gettysburg, PA, and we know how to diagnose and repair the issues that can come up with your brake system. While you don’t need a brake inspection as often as you need oil changes it is still a good idea to have them looked at from time to time. Brake failure can be a seriously scary event, so be quick to recognize the warning signs that may indicate your brakes are failing. These may include obvious signs, such as:
- Amber ABS light on the dashboard, indicating problems with your antilock brake
- Red brake dashboard light, indicating a serious system problem
Not all signs are quite as obvious though. You’ll need to be aware of less noticeable signals, including:
- Grinding or squealing during braking
- Spongy brake pedal, or brakes are slow to engage when pedal is pressed
- Pulling to one side during braking
- Vibrations or pulses in the pedal and steering wheel under braking
- Fluid leaks underneath the brake fluid reservoir
Once you have noticed or detected one or more indicators, the first thing you should do is schedule a service appointment here at Mike’s KARS. Brake issues are not something you can let go – they will only become worse over time, and the longer you let them go, the more you endanger yourself, your passengers, and other drivers on the road.
We know how vital brakes are, and we will make sure to get your vehicle in for a brake repair as soon as possible. We drive the same roads as you, and the last thing we want is a car with poor brakes behind us. In the meantime, make your brakes do a little less work by following these tips:
- Go with the flow of traffic and reduce the need to brake
- Give yourself more distance between you and the car in front of you, meaning you’ll
- Don’t ride the brake pedal
- Remove as much weight as possible
These four tips will help reduce the stress on your failing brakes, until you can make it into the shop. So what will we do when you bring the car in for brake repair? We will look at the brake components such as the drums, rotors, and brake hoses, as well as the brake fluid. We will system require less immediate brake force determine if new parts are needed, or if some parts may simply need to be resurfaced.
Sometimes simply bleeding the brakes can fix the problem. Don’t hesitate when you get that first indication your brakes are going stop by Mike’s KARS for an immediate inspection. We have been Gettysburg’s trusted brake repair and auto repair shop for over 30 years. Our experienced automotive technicians will fix your brakes, and get you back on your safe journeys quick and easy!